The selection and control of casting material is very important during the casting process. As a professional sand-cast steel company, Hengrui Machinery understands the huge impact of casting material on product performance and quality. To ensure that the casting material is qualified, our testing laboratory mainly performs the following tests:
· Molding sand testing: We use molding sand testing equipment to check the permeability, strength, refractoriness, plasticity, and collapsibility of the molding sand to ensure its quality and avoid quality defects such as pores, sand holes, sticky sand or sand inclusion in the later casting.
· Spectral analysis: We use desktop and portable spectrometers to detect the chemical composition of castings. Before each furnace product is cast, we collect steel water samples and use a spectrometer to automatically analyze the content of various elements in the material to compare and verify whether it meets relevant standards.
· Metallographic test: We use a metallographic microscope to magnify the sample (100-1500 times) and study the microscopic structure of the material to help us understand the internal organization and defect situation of the casting.
· Universal material test: Hengrui Machinery is equipped with a universal testing machine that can perform on-site tensile strength, yield strength, elongation rate, etc. on casting test blocks to ensure that the material performance of castings meets customer requirements.
· Impact test: Hengrui Machinery can carry out impact tests at room temperature and low temperature, ultra-low temperature (-196°) environments on site to determine the impact resistance performance of cast steel parts under specific conditions.
· Hardness test: Hardness testing is one of our most routine physical performance testing methods for castings. By testing the ability of materials to resist local deformation, we can measure the strength of casting materials.